Wednesday, March 23, 2011

6 months

It's time for my 6 month check-up and lab tests. Time for the worry and paranoia to set in. Are the lab tests going to be clear? Are there any suspicious looking spots on my back that i didn't see? Am I OK for the next 6 months?

Thoughts of recurrence never totally leave my mind, but they always seems to be at the forefront every time a check-up rolls around.

I think part of my problem is that my melanoma never looked like a typical melanoma. It was round, symmetrical, all one color--basically it just looked like a giant pimple, which is probably my biggest worry. When does a pimple stop being a pimple? Are those little red dots just pimples, or are they tiny melanomas preparing for attack? How can I be really sure they are nothing without running to the doctor every time I see a new spot. i don't have the time or money to do that. How can I be sure when the first one seemed perfectly safe until it started bleeding? Or maybe I'm just paranoid...

No comments:

Post a Comment