The nurse did say that it's normal. She agrees with me that it looks like my hole is getting bigger but that's probably just because I move my arm. It's not like I can go throughout the day without using my left.She did tell me that when melanoma is on the back it usually takes longer for the hole to close because the skin isn't as stretchy as it would be on the stomach. it figures, I always have to do things the hard way.
She gave me a prescription for this sterile saline stuff and I'm supposed to wet gauze pads and kind of pack them into the wound. Supposedly it will help it heal faster,,I'll believe it when I see it.
I just can't wait until this heals and I can finally stop putting adhesive tape on my poor, abused, sensitive skin. This constant tape is driving me nuts! At least it doesn't hurt most of the time.
On the plus side, the nuse gave me about 15 gauze pads and several pairs of doctor's gloves. Now I don't have to go the store and buy gauze pads tonight. I was just about to run out.
No comments:
Post a Comment